Monday, September 7, 2009

Design Competition - What a Great Experience!




Recently I entered into a design competition for a sustainable hotel suite. What a great experience! I found the competition details just one week before the entries were due and decided, "Yes, this is do-able". Well, that's the way I am - a little crazy. At any rate, I roped in two architects, another designer and a design student to help pull it all together. And, WOW, I am so proud of the team! Is it perfect? No, but it looks amazing! And more importantly, perhaps, we all learned alot. About sustainable design. About working on a really tight schedule. About working together with people you've never worked with (or even knew) before. Perhaps we will win the competition, perhaps not. Either way, I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment